Cancer Council ACT's vision is to promote a healthier community by reducing the incidence and impact of cancer in the Canberra area through information, education, supportive care and research.
- accepting the principles of the Ottawa Charter for health promotion
- provision of quality programs and services
- working within an evidence-based paradigm
- working within a community/ environmental/ ecological approach rather than an individual or biomedical approach
- ensuring accessibility of service
- maintaining professional standards