- Do you want to be part of a fantastic community event that raises cancer awareness?
- Are you a member of the community wanting to give back or a student wanting to gain valuable industry experience?
- Do you like communicating, planning, organising, meeting new people and having a good time?
Relay For Life is one of Cancer Council’s biggest fundraising events that engages the community to Celebrate, Remember and Fight Back against cancer. It is a fun overnight event, with the challenge of completing a relay style walk/run within a festival atmosphere.
We are seeking dynamic and enthusiastic volunteers to join the organising committee for Canberra Relay For Life which will be held 24-25 March 2018. This is the perfect opportunity for you to engage your local community and use your natural talents in a way that makes a real difference - by uniting the Canberra community in the fight to beat cancer!
Becoming a Relay For Life committee member is a great opportunity to learn and develop practical team skills, gain work experience to strengthen your resume, or simply increase your community involvement and social interaction by joining a team of committed volunteers. Flexible hours and level of commitment available depending on the role.
Committee roles include:
- Ceremonies Coordinator
- Team Development Coordinator
- Sponsorship & Prizes Coordinator
- Activities Coordinator
- Entertainment Coordinator
- Marketing & Media Coordinator
This could be the role for you if you:
- Have excellent organisational and time management skills
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Are able to work autonomously as well as work in a team
- Have the ability to motivate others
- Have a positive and fun attitude
- Have event management skills
As a member of the committee, you will be closely supported by the Cancer Council ACT events team and other members of the committee. More information about Relay For Life can be found relayforlife.org.au.
If you are interested in applying for one or more of these positions please complete and submit the application form below. If you would like more information about the positions please contact Lisa Meares, Manager Fundraising Events on (02) 6257 9999 or email.