Our Cancer Services ACT Directory is a guide to cancer related services in the ACT and surrounding area for people with cancer, their family and friends as well as health professionals working in cancer care.
A diagnosis of cancer can pose many challenges. They can range from the practical, like how to get to a distant medical appointment, to the emotionally complex, like thinking about life and death. The services listed in this directory can help with many of these challenges.
The directory is available to view online in the sections listed below, this version is kept up to date. Alternatively you can download a pdf copy of the entire directory here but please note some details may be out of date in this version.
- information about cancer - telephone information, education, websites
- emotional support - cancer support groups, other cancer support, counselling
- treatment facilities - hospitals, transport, accommodation
- palliative, hospice, respite care and holiday break services - palliative and hospice care, respite services, holiday break accommodation
- support for living at home - home nursing services, community services, equipment and home modification
- financial and material support
- children's and parents' services
- services for carers
- bereavement services
- special services - breast prostheses, continence, cancer screening, genetic, legal, lymphoedema, self care, stoma, wigs and other headwear