Did you know you can invite SunSmart into your workplace. Cancer Council ACT encourages all workplaces, local and federal government and community groups to consider hosting a SunSmart Session to raise skin cancer prevention and early detection awareness amongst workers and their families.
The SunSmart Services Coordinator from Cancer Council ACT can offer a:
- 1 hour SunSmart Information Session for all workers at a time and location that suits you and your workers. The sessions are very informative yet kept informal and work well as a reminder to all workers (outdoor and indoor workers) to protect their skin from the sun's UVR.
- 1 hour SunSmart "Managers Only" Session
- 15 minute "toolbox talk" with all workers - a quick overview and reminder about why workers need to be SunSmart and the importance of knowing their skin.
Each of the above options include a skin cancer prevention and know your skin brochures (2) for all participants plus posters for the workplace and question time. Topics covered include:
- what is ultraviolet radiation (UVR)?
- skin cancer in Australia
- Work Health and Safety (outdoor workplaces)
- what is skin cancer?
- knowing your skin and the importance of early detection
- skin cancer prevention
To book your SunSmart Session simply complete and submit the online booking form below. For more information please email the SunSmart Services Coordinator or phone Council Council ACT on 02 6257 9999.*The cost of a standard 1 hour workplace information session including participant hand outs and posters for your workplace is $350. A reduced rate per session is offered for multiple bookings- see booking form below. There is also a reduced rate for community groups and not- for- profit/ non-government organisations upon request. A "toolbox talk" is $159.