Our Cancer Services ACT Directory is a guide to cancer related services in the ACT and surrounding area for people with cancer, their family and friends as well as health professionals working in cancer care.
A diagnosis of cancer can pose many challenges. They can range from the practical, like how to get to a distant medical appointment, to the emotionally complex, like thinking about life and death. The services listed in this directory can help with many of these challenges. Many are also available to family, friends and carers.
The directory is available to download as a pdf here or you can view online in the sections listed below.
- Treatment centres - includes hospitals and clinical trials
- Palliative care
- Cancer information - telephone information, education, websites
- Genetics and risk
- Support for carers - includes respite services
- Support for children and families
- Employment, financial and legal support
- Accommodation and transport
- Support at home - includes equipment and home modification, home nursing and other practical support
- Prostheses and personal care aids- inlcudes breast porstheses, continence services, lymphoedema services, medicine information and stoma services
- Physical health and wellbeing - includes diet, fertility, holiday break accomodation, screening services and wigs
- Emotional support - includes counselling services, cancer support groups and other cancer support
- Bereavement services
Inclusion of a service in the directory does not imply endorsement of the service by Cancer Council ACT.