We can help you if you or someone in your family has cancer, and you need advice. Assistance is free for eligible clients.
The Cancer Council Pro Bono Program can help you with:
- legal issues
- financial planning
- small business accounting
- workplace (HR or recruitment) advice
Some of the things we can help with are:
- drafting wills
- early access to superannuation
- mortgage hardship variations
- credit and debt issues
- insurance claims and disputes
- managing workplace issues before, during and after treatment
- transitioning to retirement
- debt management
Cancer Council will connect you with a lawyer, financial planner, accountant or HR/recruitment professional who will help you. Usually, you will meet them at their office, but if you are very unwell, they may be able to visit you in hospital or at home. If you speak a language other than English, we can arrange an interpreter for you.
Advice is free for eligible clients. You will need to pass a means test in order to qualify for free assistance.
To access this service please call 13 11 20.
Fact sheets about legal and financial issues
You may wish to download the following fact sheets, which provide information about common legal and financial issues: