Daffodil Day is Cancer Council’s most iconic and much-loved fundraising campaign. The Daffodil itself is our logo, and to us and those affected by cancer, represents hope for a cancer-free future.
For many Canberrans, Daffodil Day means passing by their local community stall and purchasing a bunch of Daffodils. Many locals generously volunteer their time to help us throughout the day.
Our Daffodil Day stalls are very important. For 35 years they have been what connect us with our community, they are the main way people chose to support the Appeal. Whether it be through donations or purchasing daffodils.
Sadly, this year the COVID-19 outbreak has left us unable to be out in the community and we are unfortunately left without a major source of our funding, for the second year in a row.
That is why we need your help. Here are five ways you can make a difference and keep the Flower Power alive this year.
- Make an online donation on the Daffodil Day website.
- Become a Yellow Fundraiser. You can take on a challenge, get active in yellow, give up something you love – the options are endless. Register now.
- Donate a minimum of $100 to Canberra FM’s fundraiser and get fresh daffodils delivered directly to your home or workplace! Donate here.
- Join our team of streamers and power life-saving cancer research while playing your favourite videogame. Sign up for Game for Good now.
- Get the kids involved and enter our colouring/scavenger hunt competition. Participants will have the chance to win their very own daffodil bicycle! Click here for more information.
The true Power behind the Flower is in the people who support us. Together we can make a difference, powering life-saving cancer research and striving towards a vision of a cancer-free future.
If you have been affected by cancer, we’re here for you. Please reach out to us by calling our 13 11 20 Information and Support line.