Smoking is banned under ACT law in the following areas:
- all enclosed public places, including shopping centres, cinemas, office buildings, buses, taxis, restaurants, pubs and clubs
- outdoor eating and drinking areas
- underage music and dance functions
- cars when children under the age of 16 years are present
- within 10 metres of play equipment at ACT Government managed play spaces
- public transport stations and within five metres of all public bus, train, light rail and taxi stops
Smoke-free policies also apply at the Canberra Stadium and Manuka Oval, all ACT Government schools, ACT Government buildings and health facilities.
Please see the Smoke-Free Public Places Act 2003 and Smoking in Cars with Children (Prohibition) Act 2011 for more information.