ACT early childhood services that are members of the National SunSmart Early Childhood Program are entitled to one FREE SunSmart Masterclass every 3 years.
Each SunSmart Masterclass is approx one hour in duration and can be booked at a time and place that suits your educators, so after hours!
Participating staff will receive take home brochures on skin cancer prevention and early detection, plus the service will receive a collection of SunSmart posters and new resources. Plus there are prizes to win.
Each one hour session covers:
- why children need sun protection
- sun protection and UV levels in Canberra
- the balance between UV exposure, sun protection and vitamin D
- Work Health and Safety - occupational UV exposure & protecting workers
- early detection of skin cancer
- and more
If you have any questions or would like more information contact Cancer Council's SunSmart Services Coordinator or call (02) 6257 9999.