ACT workplaces can invite Cancer Council ACT to present a FREE SunSmart session. Cancer Council ACT encourages both indoor and outdoor (a WH&S issue) workplaces, local and federal government agencies, small business and community groups to consider hosting one of our free SunSmart Workplace Information Sessions to raise skin cancer prevention and early detection awareness among workers and their families.
Cancer Council ACT's SunSmart Services Coordinator can present a:
- 1 hour onsite SunSmart Information Session for all workers at a time and location that suits you and your workers. The sessions are very informative yet kept informal and work well as a reminder to all workers (outdoor and indoor workers) to protect their skin from the sun's UVR.
- 15 minute toolbox talk with all workers - a quick overview and reminder about why workers need to be SunSmart and the importance of knowing their skin and getting it checked if they have any concerns.
- 1 hour online SunSmart Workplace Session via Microsoft Teams .
Canberra workplaces can also take advantage of Cancer Council ACT's 'Skin Scanner' to learn more about how individual skin types react to UV radiation - please just allow more time during your session for this opportunity. (Due to COVID-19 this opportunity is currently unavailable).
Each of the above options include take home brochures for all participants plus posters and a 44 page guidebook for the workplace (where outdoor workers are involved).
Topics covered include:
- what is ultraviolet radiation (UVR)?
- skin cancer in Australia
- Work Health and Safety (outdoor workplaces)
- what is skin cancer?
- knowing your skin and the importance of early detection
- skin cancer prevention
To book your SunSmart Workplace Information Session please complete and submit the online booking form below. For more information or for multiple bookings please email the SunSmart Services Coordinator or phone Council Council ACT on 02 6257 9999.